Hello and Welcome to my Marriage and Families Blog

My name is Holly Jo Martin and this is a college assignment blog on the topic of Marriage and Families.  I will be sharing insights, ideas, and principles I learn throughout the semester to help strengthen Marriages and Families.

photo by Chelsea Fabrizio

Being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, I believe the nature of marriage and families to be eternal.

 "The eternal nature of our body and our spirit is a question often pondered by those who live in mortality. All people who will ever live on earth are members of a human family and are eternal children of God, our loving Heavenly Father. After birth and tasting of death in mortality, all will be resurrected because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ, the Only Begotten Son of God the Father. Depending on our individual obedience to the laws, ordinances, and commandments of God, each mortal can have the blessing of attaining eternal life; that is, returning to live in the presence of their Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, having eternal increase for all the eternities to come. Through making and keeping the sacred covenants found in the temple ordinances, individuals can return to the presence of God and will be reunited with their families eternally." (Hales 1996)




This may seem to be an interesting subject for me because I am divorced with no children.  Even though I do not have my own family as of yet, I still hold these values of family and marriage to be of the up-most important relationships we can cultivate and cherish.  I champion those who are married, I know how much work it takes.  I salute all those who are raising children, your self-less sacrifices will be worth it.
I hope to someday have my own marriage and family, but until then I will love and support all the families I have the honor to be around.  This is how I can give back to my community.  I will cheer on married couples and family units with all the encouragement I can muster.



Let's hear it for Marriage and Families!



I hope you will come again and visit.  All comments are welcome and will be read privately before posting publicly.   Thank you!




Work Cited:
Hales, Robert D. The eternal family. LDS.org. Oct. 1996. https://www.lds.org/general-conference/1996/10/the-eternal-family.p1?lang=eng

All photos are found on the enet with no copyright information.  Photographer credit is given when found.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treating In-Laws like Family, not Out-Laws

Sex as God Intended It

Families are Forever